Since 1971, we have helped more than 30,000 people discover and develop their musical talents, offering them skills for a lifetime of learning and enrichment. Charitable support for our non-profit work is a crucial part of keeping Blue Bear alive.
Without our donors’ support, we would not be able to continue our tradition of offering affordable and free music education.
What your gifts support:
- Seven off-site Youth Outreach Programs in public schools and community centers
- Two programs new this year provide free music education to the most at-risk youth in San Francisco’s most underserved communities: our Digital Audio Program at Bayview Hunters Point YMCA, and Vocal Performance Program at the Tenderloin Community Elementary School.
- Little Bears program for toddlers
- Youth All Star Bands for talented teens
- Sliding scale tuition assistance and scholarships , a part of every Blue Bear program to ensure equal access to music
Why our work is important:
Music gives young people a way to express themselves, even to find themselves.
Making music together gives people a positive social experience.
Learning music enhances brainpower and improves academic performance.
Just imagine a world without music…
A donation to Blue Bear is an investment in a vibrant, established and long-lived non-profit organization that improves lives one note at a time. With the disappearance of music programs in the schools, we are an increasingly important community resource. Making music helps make the world go ’round; your contribution will help Blue Bear stay around.